- 500 grams pork ribs
- 1.3 litres water
- 2 medium russet potatoes peeled and cut to chunks
- 1 large white/yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut to chunks
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp “ikan bilis” optional; for convenience, place inside disposable soup pouch
- 2 slices ginger optional
- 4 cloves old garlic cloves optional; don’t peel or mash them
- 1 tomato sliced to 6 wedges; use one more tomato if prefer a more tangy taste
- salt to taste
- Blanch pork ribs in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add blanched pork ribs and all the ingredients except the last two (tomato and salt) into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for another 40-50 minutes. Season to taste with salt. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for at least 2 hours before serving.
Thanks to the recipe which we refer to 🙂